Policies & Payments
Learn more about our Suburbia North Animal Hospital's policies below.
- To allow ample time for all patients and scheduled surgical procedures, we operate primarily by appointment. Emergency cases shall always receive top priority, which is why occasional appointment delay is inevitable.
- Surgeries must be scheduled in advance.
Surgery drop-off time is between 7 - 8 am.
All surgery patients except for exotic pets must not eat past 8 pm the night before their scheduled surgery.
Clients need to allow at least 5 minutes during their surgery drop-off to fill out paperwork.
- When a client is unable to make it to their appointment we require that they at least call before their appointment to inform the front desk. If not then a "no show" fee of $30 for appointments and $65 for surgeries will be billed to the client.
For some treatments or hospitalized care, a deposit is required, and we will notify you of the amount before the pet begins treatment.
Otherwise, payment is due at the time services are rendered. If you have any special considerations regarding payment, please discuss this with the receptionist prior to seeing the doctor. We accept a variety of payment options, including cash, Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express, CareCredit, and ScratchPay.
CareCredit is a personal line of credit for healthcare, both human and veterinary, that works like a credit card. To apply, click here for the CareCredit Online Credit Application or call their 24/7 phone number at 1-800-365-8295.
ScratchPay offers financing options ranging from $200 - $10,000. Visit scratchpay.com or text PAY to 213-296-0817 to apply.
The client must be a current client with us for more than 6 months. All dogs boarding with us must be current on DHPP, Rabies, Bordetella, Heartworm Test and Intestinal Parasite Testing. All cats boarding with us must be current on FVRCP and Rabies. Our boarding space is limited so we suggest calling in advance for a reservation.
Heartworm Prevention Policy
We must have a current heartworm test on all canines in order to refill heartworm medication. Heartworm medicine IS A PRESCRIPTION.
Prescription Refill Policy
To allow our staff to provide the dedicated care necessary for our patients, we are instituting the following prescription refill request policy. We feel that this policy allows us to maintain the level of care necessary for our patients while still providing expedient service to refill the many requests we receive each day.
- Please allow us 1 hour to refill your pet's medication.
- Refill requests can be made in person, by phone, or online.
- You can also purchase medication and food for your pet through our online store using your pet portal.
Please help us by planning ahead for all of your prescription refills to provide us with the adequate time needed to manage our staff for this process.
Online Pharmacy Policy
Clients who wish to purchase their medications elsewhere can call ahead about picking up a written prescription from their veterinarian or we can approve medications by fax from other pharmacies. Please keep in mind that a lot of the national big corporation online pharmacies say that they have lower prices than your veterinarian but the truth is we are most likely the same price if not lower.